Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Back Home






Ok, I believe in my last post I described everything up to arriving home. Since arriving home there's been a lot of sitting around the house since I don't have transportation. It's turned out to be a blessing as I've been able to spend a lot of time with my family, especially Allison and I've really loved helping her with her homework . During my time here at the house we've enjoyed a little more snow than we usually get here and Allison, Dad, and I have taken advantage of that as we built us a snow man Allison titled "WKU" and we also spent some time sledding in the back yard. It was fun to watch Allison go from being scared to do go with me and then watching her the next day go down by herself head first!



During my time home I've also been able to spend some time with one of my best friends, Kyle Gott, and it was good times as always. We had a little going away celebration for him recently as he was heading to Little Rock to help run a campaign. I've also hung out with my other good friends and had a great time with Kyle Bunch, Michael Cook and his Wife Valerie as we had a few drinks and played Wii at Kyle's house. Most recently several of us met at El and had dinner. It was a great time to chat and catch up before I head across the pond for a year.



Hanging out with my family has always been very important to me and has become more and more important as I get older. We had a bowling party in Leitchfield a few weeks back and it was great to bowl and hang out with everyone, especially Cooper, Grant, Griffin, Dalton, and Carter! To celebrate Dustin's Birthday/ Charlie's departure to the Marines we met at Mancino's and had a great time.




Sorry as this entry is rather sporadic, my mind is kind of all over the place. I've finally gotten my Visa for Korea and I just purchased my ticket to Seoul, Korea for March 28th. I now simply have to hopefully find some extra funds for the trip and pack my clothes,etc. Luckily I have a new suitcase that Aunt Betty recently gave me. I think I'm going to pack my hiking backpack in it as I plan on doing lots of hiking while there. I also plan on taking a few books with me to read and show the kids. I also have Beth's Ipod to borrow and I've been adding tunes onto the computer to fill up the Ipod so I have music to jam to on the flight as it will be somewhere around 14 hrs!

I've also got to turn off my cell phone and sirius radio before I leave as well as drop my truck insurance in June when the policy ends. Anyway, I think I'm going to get back to adding music to the Ipod. 'Til next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment