Monday, July 5, 2010

Writing lesson plans for imaginary people to turn into people that can't read them






7-6 I've still yet to become completely comfortable with the fact that Koreans do so many things last minute. I do come from a large family where plans can change quickly but I grew up with parents that always preferred to have us inform them of projects, sleepovers, etc in advance. It didn't always go that way but it was the way we were taught. Now I'm living in South Korea where it is not that way. Most of the time the last minute switches or in my favor such as a cancelled class, last Tuesday's was not. I was informed that I had to have everything up until September to turn in and oh, they wanted them the next day!



The most frustrating part about the situation was that I had to turn in lesson plans for people that I wouldn't actually be teaching the week I come back from vacation, and turning them in to people that couldn't read them. Anyway, all was completed and turned in, including my vacation sheet. In some ways this year reminds me of last year in Montana, in that I love the work, just not the paperwork it involves with the government. At least this year I don't have to turn in a time sheet stating what I was doing every hour of the day. In the end it's all worth it because I came to Korea to teach the students and that's what I focus on. So, if dealing with some of the paper work I'm not quite as fond of is what I have to do, BRING IT ON!



I'm also in the process of trying to plan some vacation time. I'm hoping in the next day or two to book a trip to China and send off for my visa. The only big problem with trying to head over to China is that it's about $150 for the visa and $50 to get it through a travel agency, so about $200 for the visa. The flight is about $300 bucks, so it's going to be around $500 which still isn't too bad. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have everything in order including my hostel and I can enjoy the Great Wall early next month. I'm also looking at booking a trip up north to Mt. Taebaek where I would be doing some cave touring, hiking, and also a cool Cinema Festival. I'm also looking into booking a trip doing my vacation time to the DMZ, have been wanting to check it out since I arrived here. If I can pull off these three trips during my vacation time I'd be really pumped. I must admit that I am a little nervous about the China trip as I have to book my trip first and then get my visa. I have plenty of time but it still worries me a little.



I think this weekend I'm going to try and take it pretty easy. I was going to stay in Ildong, but I've been asked to dog sit in Hanam, so I'm going to do that for a friend. I think I'm going to take a book or two and just chill in Hanam for the weekend. If I book these trips that I've been wanting too my money will be a low. Well, think I'm going to check out the sites and look at booking a trip to the DMZ. 'Til next time beautiful people. Oh, one last thing, I went to an area in Seoul this past weekend and had an American breakfast. Now, it was a little expensive but it was definitely worth it. We had to wait 40 minutes as it was a popular place. The Restaurant is called Butterfingers and it's in Gangnam. That's my breakfast above!

No comments:

Post a Comment